About This Policy
This notice describes the information practices of Singapore Membrane Consortium (SG MEM) that relates to the websites and apps on which this statement is posted (“Site”). This includes mobile websites and applications.
- Welcome to the Site of Singapore Membrane Consortium (SG MEM). This statement demonstrates SG MEM’s commitment to respect your individual privacy on the Site and to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. For this reason, we would like to explain how we process your personal data when you interact with us.
- If you are only browsing this Site or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. While user sessions will be tracked, the users will remain anonymous.
- If you choose to submit an application form or an email that contains personally identifiable data, for SG MEM process or to render you a service, we may share that relevant data with our partners in the universities, technology transfer offices, translation and research centres, and industry members, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively.
- To safeguard your personal data, SG MEM has put in place appropriate security technologies, policies and procedures to secure all electronic storage (at data server) and transmission of personal data (via encrypted SSL).
- This Site may contain links to other websites whose privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.
- The Site uses small files stored on your computer, known as cookies, to help us optimise your browsing experience and ensure the website works properly.
If you would like to enable or disable our cookies, please click on the relevant web browser link below:
Security Precautions You Should Take
- Although SG MEM makes every effort to secure our networks, we cannot guarantee the privacy of online communications. Users are advised to take the usual precautions when online, such as providing personal information in the SG MEM forum. If you are using a public or shared computer, be sure to log out when you leave by exiting the site and closing your browser. Otherwise, the next person using the computer may be able to see your personal information.