[Position filled] Senior Research & Development Project Engineer (Contract Till 31 Mar 2023) – EWTCOI, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
About Ngee Ann Polytechnic
At Ngee Ann Polytechnic, our nine academic schools offer over 40 full-time diplomas to a growing student population of more than 15,000. As a public tertiary institution, internationally-recognised for its academic excellence and close industry links, NP prides itself on having a dedicated and professional teaching faculty, complete with campus facilities that are among the finest in the world.
An institution of higher learning, Ngee Ann Polytechnic believes in giving every student an enriching learning experience and every employee the opportunity to build a meaningful career.
If you are a self-starter with an innovative mind, a versatile person with the drive for all-rounded excellence, and a dedicated team player who shares our vision and values, we invite you to join our inspired team.
About EWTCOI & The Opening
The Environmental & Water Technology Centre of Innovation (EWTCOI) at Ngee Ann Polytechnic is an established and dedicated setup that is focused on providing expertise and technology support to SMEs looking to engage in innovation on new products, improved processes and/or enhancing existing products. Visit the EWTCOI webpage (www.np.edu.sg/ewtcoi) for more information. The EWTCOI is currently looking for a Senior R&D Project Engineer in the field of biological science, biotechnology, microbiology or bioengineering.
What You Will Be Working On
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Benchtop bio-fermenter operation
- Bacteria mass cultivation and harvesting
- Aquaporin protein extraction, purification and characterisation
- Proteolipsome preparation
- Purity analysis and quality control
- Analyse and document data/findings for project meetings and progress reports
- Manage project administration and funding
- Manage project procurement
What We Are Looking for
- Experience in bacterial cultivation and protein purification
- Meticulous and able to produce quality lab work
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Relevant experience and knowledge in microbiology would be an advantage
*This job requires interactions with the public and students on campus and prevailing workplace vaccination measures apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.
Application deadline: 24 Apr 2022