Research & Development Engineer (2-Year Contract) – EWTCOI, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
About Ngee Ann Polytechnic
At Ngee Ann Polytechnic, our nine academic schools offer over 40 full-time diplomas to a growing student population of more than 15,000. As a public tertiary institution, internationally-recognised for its academic excellence and close industry links, NP prides itself on having a dedicated and professional teaching faculty, complete with campus facilities that are among the finest in the world.
An institution of higher learning, Ngee Ann Polytechnic believes in giving every student an enriching learning experience and every employee the opportunity to build a meaningful career.
If you are a self-starter with an innovative mind, a versatile person with the drive for all-rounded excellence, and a dedicated team player who shares our vision and values, we invite you to join our inspired team.
About EWTCOI & The Opening
The Environmental & Water Technology Centre of Innovation (EWTCOI) is an industry-facing unit in Ngee Ann Polytechnic that engages companies by providing expertise and technology support towards innovation on new products, improved processes and/or enhancing existing products.
The center is currently looking for a highly motivated and self-driven individual for the post of Research & Development Engineer/Scientist – Energy Efficiency Technology (EET).
What You Will Be Working On
Key Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to independently engage and secure technology development consultancy projects with industry and achieve sales targets in the energy efficiency technology team
- Design and conduct experiments to support the technology development projects
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with other domain experts on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Conduct strategic R&D projects to develop new technologies or capabilities within your focus area
- Conduct training either as a formal short course or as part of the consultancy work
What We Are Looking for
Applicants are expected to be highly motivated and versatile individuals with the following attributes and qualifications:
- Relevant qualifications in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years of industrial experience.
- Good knowledge of computer-aided design, building facilities and energy management, and chilled water systems.
- Prior experience working in mechanical system design, fabrication and testing and commissioning, performance improvement, thermal system analysis, and building HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate within the team (staff, student interns, and industry collaborator) with good interpersonal skills.
- Willing to learn & work with a cross-disciplinary group.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including critical and analytical thinking.
- Hands-on experience in design and simulation software such as SolidWorks and FloMASTER.
- Broad experience with research and development, consultancy services, and industrial applications.
*This job requires interactions with the public and students on campus and prevailing workplace vaccination measures apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.
Application deadline: 24 Apr 2022