[Position filled] Membrane Development Engineer, Seppure
If you enjoy working in an innovative environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
SEPPURE is a separation-tech company developing novel membrane materials and membrane processes for sustainable chemical separations without the use of heat. SEPPURE is disrupting the energy-intensive chemical separation processes, such as distillation and evaporation, through the introduction of novel chemical-resistant nanofiltration membranes. With up to 15% of the world’s total energy spent on industrial-scale chemical separations, SEPPURE’s sustainable process facilitates decarbonisation by substantially reducing global energy use, emissions, and pollution.
We are currently working on several projects to fabricate robust nanofiltration membranes for solvent separation and design membrane systems for vegetable oil, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and fine-chemical industries.
We have an opportunity for MEMBRANE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER for our R&D centre based in Singapore.
The applicant will be assigned to Polymeric Membrane Fabrication, Module Fabrication, and Process Development teams. The focus will surround the development of solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in the food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries. The applicant will be involved in R&D projects in a laboratory environment. The applicants will be involved in R&D projects, industry projects, and scale-up process. The applicant will
- work closely with dedicated teams of engineers and experts to execute development projects and drive them through the development process.
- contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s core technology including fabrication of polymeric membranes (hollow-fibre, spiral-wound, flat-sheet), performing physical and chemical characterization, module development, process optimization, and scale-up process.
- Leading the pilot projects and in-field implementations with the customers, maintain timely updates of project progress, and customer reporting.
- Being part of a team of highly motivated professionals.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer, Material Science and Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Experience in hollow fiber spinning, module fabrication, and process design is an advantage.
- The ability to conduct experiments in the lab and work closely with other team members to achieve group goals is essential.
- Creative and proactive mindset and willingness to explore novel solutions.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and efficient in managing and executing multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
SEPPURE offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, a unique growth opportunity, paid holidays/vacation, as well as medical and dental insurance.
To learn more, visit https://www.seppure.com/
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply: please send a cover letter outlining experience and qualifications as well as your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “MEMBRANE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER”.