[Position filled] Membrane Developer – Industrial Postgraduate Programme (PhD), Aquaporin Asia
2 vacancies, open
ABOUT THE POSITION
Aquaporin Asia is expanding and is therefore seeking two Membrane Developers to join the development of the Aquaporin Inside™ Technology in Singapore. Under the Industrial Postgraduate Programme (IPP) in partnership with NUS, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, the successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Aquaporin Asia Pte Ltd, and a full-time student. Grant support from EDB is available.
* The IPP is an initiative by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) to establish a pool of doctorate/graduate research manpower in Singapore with industry-relevant skill sets through training in a corporate R&D environment and local universities.
Aquaporin Asia Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Aquaporin A/S, a fast growing, Danish Cleantech company developing a unique biomimetic membrane technology dedicated to revolutionizing water purification by means of industrial biotech techniques and thinking. The main strategy is to develop the Aquaporin Inside™ technology capable of separating and purifying water from all other compounds.
Tasks & responsibilities As a Membrane Developer, your focus will be the development of Aquaporin Inside® biomimetic membrane technology. You will be part of the Technology Department and will work closely with the Global R&D team. Your work will be crucial to the development and commercialization of future Aquaporin Inside® products. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Lab-scale biomimetic membrane development; such as porous substrate preparation (e.g. polysulfone or other novel materials) and dense active layer coating (e.g. polyamide or other novel materials)
- Developing and optimising the active layer with enhanced compatibility and loading density of aquaporin protein
- Systematically studying the water/salt transport mechanism in the biomimetic membrane
- Assisting Recipe & Protocol transfer to pilot scale membrane fabrication
Qualifications Candidates should have experience / training / education in a wide range of membrane development disciplines. Preferred qualifications include:
- The candidate must meet the prevailing admission criteria for research programmes as requested by NUS.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and above in one of the following fields: Material Sciences, Material Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Hands on experience in developing thin film materials is a plus
- Proficient in problem solving and teamwork
- Independent, organized and responsible
- Competent in written and spoken English
Aquaporin Asia offers an exciting and challenging job with great career advancement opportunities in an international multicultural environment. We offer competitive salary based on candidates’ qualifications, working experience, and future job responsibilities. Future employees can look forward to joining a young and dynamic team with a strong professional – as well as social – profile.
Flexible working hours Career advancement Multinational culture team
To learn more our company, visit www.aquaporin.com
1 Cleantech Loop, Singapore
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com titled “Data Analyst” by 28 February.